Montréal, QC, CANADA
For May 2021 (Full Time)
At Least 3 Years of Experience
Norsfell is looking for an engine programmer for their highly anticipated title, Tribes of Midgard.
- Maintain the game engine to fit the needs of Art/Design/Dev
- Define performance and memory budget in collaboration with Art/Design
- Determine and help maintain CPU performance and memory budgets across platforms
- Create and maintain engine consistency to support new features and platforms
- Build engine level tools to help debugging and content pipelines
- Experience in refactoring and optimization
- Experience in multiplatform programming
- Knowledge of profiling and optimization
- Knowledge of low-level programming using C/C++
- At ease in English and/or French
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Understanding of Unreal Engine
- Experience in the video game industry
- Experience with VFX and Post Process
- Knowledge of shading languages (HLSL, GLSL)
- Degree in Computer Sciences or related fields
- Able to communicate in French
- An environment that celebrates initiative, transparency and empowerment
- A group insurance that covers dental care, medical and paramedical
- 50% refund on games/workshops/software up to $2k/year (taxable advantage)
- One-time $300 credit to furnish your home office (taxable advantage)
- Flexible hours (+ at least 1 fixed day of WFH when we return to the studio)
- Team events (+ free snacks/drinks every Friday when we return to the studio)
- Possibility to work on your own games outside of work (just let us know)
At Norsfell, you come as you are.
We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive environment for all our employees.
Skills and expertise show up in different forms and can be based on various experiences.
Never hesitate to apply, even if you do not have all requirements listed above.