WinterForts: Exiled Kingdom is a new kind of strategic castle-building game where you control a group of exiled warriors in search of revenge against the treacherous Horde. Craft the layout of your fort, send your workers into the wild, harvest meat from dead dragons, join one of eight Houses and raise an army of archers, beasts and undeads to fight in revolutionary battles inspired by tower defense games.
For centuries, the frozen regions of Drahalla have been the scene of epic battles and magical confrontations for the control of resources. The descendant of a line of warrior kings, you fight rival families and barbarian clans to regain possession of your empire. Expanding your kingdom is only the first step–your quest isn’t over until you lead your House to victory and reclaim your rightful throne!
To do this:
- PLAY with thousands of other players online and make new friends
- BUILD your own fort into a prosperous and undefeatable fortress
- CRAFT your way through the snow to create a strategic maze of corridors
- GATHER gold nuggets, dragon meat and much more with your workers
- RAID enemy forts in unique battles inspired by tower defense and RTS games
- SWEAR allegiance to one of the 8 Houses of Drahalla and honor your banner
- EXPLORE the world of WinterForts with its legendary lore and fantasy art style
Your castle has withstood many invasions through the sacrifices of your heroic family. It is now time for you to control your destiny!
Music & Sounds
WinterForts’ audio was created by the Award Winning music and sound design studio La Hacienda Creative. Using unique string, wind and percussion instruments inspired by the medieval age, the artist responsible for the Papo & Yo and Tearaway soundtracks –Brian D’Oliveira– delivers an immersive atmosphere retracing the epic tale of exiled warriors with a high sense of warmth and belonging in these barren icy lands.
Logos & Icons
JUN 2014 – For the 1st edition of its Printemps Numérique, Cré de Montréal covers Execution Labs and asks Julian’s opinion on such initiatives.
MAY 2014 – Kristiaan Yeo reports on the state of Montreal’s game industry and interviews Julian on what tax breaks mean for start-ups here.
- “Julian and Arnaud jump on the stage to demo WinterForts for the first time.”
– IGDA Montreal